Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wow, I can't believe Fall is already here!

I'm so sorry that I haven't updated this in such a long time. I truly can't believe where the summer went this year. I think time goes faster now that I'm a mother. ;) Ok, so what's been going on since my last post?

July - We went to the Mississippi River with most of Brad's family for the 4th of July . That's their family tradition. We had a great time and Colin LOVED playing in the sand. We then made an impromtu trip back up to Lawler as Brad's grandma, Rita Hackman, passed away. Brad celebrated his 32nd birthday on July 20th.

August - We went back to my parents and also to the Snodgrass family reunion. Then we went to Okoboji for several days. Colin got to play on the beach and also to really swim in the pool for the first time. He loved splashing the water and his feet were so shriveled when he came out of the water. We then went from there over to LaCrosse, WI, to visit Brad's sister Tracy and her family. We enjoyed going to Irish Fest while we were there. Then, we headed down for a weekend at the Mississippi River again at his dad's place. I got to go on my first Costigan women's boating trip. I had a great time and hope to go again.

September - Not much has been going on so far. We went home to my parents Labor Day weekend for my dad's 66th b'day. Colin is really moving around. He loves walking along furniture and has recently gotten in to moving the kitchen chairs around. It amazes me how he knows when he gets stuck to go around the other side and start pushing in another direction.

I'm really looking forward to this fall this year as we'll take Colin to a pumpkin patch and he can really enjoy Halloween this year. I can't believe he's almost 1 already.

Anyway, here's some photos to enjoy.....

Playing in the sand at the Mississippi River.

Going for a spin around the block.

Had to take this picture since I work for Pioneer. ;)

Got one with Grandma and Grandpa too since we were in their corn field.

Meeting Grandpa's cattle......

With dad at Okoboji.


First time in a pool.
Just being cute.

Colin with cousin Olivia waiting for the big game to start!

Go Cyclones!


1 comment:

Don & Jen Slagle said...

What great pictures! Thanks for the update. Colin is getting so big and I can tell he's really starting to fill out. We need to get together soon for a play date! Love ya!